Sleek lines, minimalist styling, and ample shade characterize this modern design. At home in an urban setting or a rural ranch, this design has become increasingly popular in the last few years.
How measured and quoted: displayed sizes are to the outside face of the posts. For example, a 10 x 12 size measures 10ft x 12ft to the outside face of the posts.
Width x Length: Width (W) = the span of the 2x8 rafters. Length (L) = the span of the 2x6 cross runners.
Number of posts: beams can span 18ft from the outside face of one post to the outside face of the other. Therefore the largest size that has only four posts is an 18' x 18'. Spans longer than 18ft require a middle post.
Base Package includes:
- 100% southern treated pine#1 grade, air dried
- Shop-applied stain and sealant in a color of your choice (six colors below), extends the lifespan of your pergola and enhances its beauty
- Outside beams (headers) measure 2 3/4" x 9"
- Rafters measure 2 3/4" x 5 1/4"
- Cross braces measure 1 3/8 x 5 1/4"
- 8x8 posts 8ft tall
- Post base trim 12 1/2" square
- Bottom of outside beams is 7'-3" if you select standard 8ft tall posts
- All hardware necessary to assemble
- Simpson Strongtie RPBZ post brackets (two per post) and concrete lag bolts to fasten to your foundation (wood lags also available for deck mounting)
- Step-by-step assembly manual to guide you thru assembly
- Shop drawings at the outset of each order (before fabrication of your kit) to confirm your understanding of all dimensions
- On call service to answer any assembly questions
- Ten year warranty
Assembly time: a 12x12 size can be assembled by two tradesman in four hours. Allow eight hours for a less handy homeowner. We include an easy-to-follow assembly manual with all kits.
Shipping: shipping is free to all states except AZ, CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, and WA for which a shipping charge of 5-8% applies.
- 2x2 shade slats 4" on center provide added shade (estimated 50%)
- Full lattice panels provide even more shade (est. 72%). These are made of two levels of 2x2 shade slats 4" on center.
- 10ft tall or 12ft tall posts
- Corner braces for taller post options
- Six stain colors
- Napa rafter tails or scroll cut tails