Decorate your landscape with our Classic Pergola Kit. Not only a beautiful structure in its own right, but the perfect place for entertaining, relaxing, or simply daydreaming. With so many gorgeous options to chose from, you can create the perfect Classic Pergola retreat. The rafters and beams have decorative end designs that easily add elegance to any backyard. Our Western Red Cedar is a terrific choice for those looking to give their outdoor environment a touch of class.
How measured and quoted: Post to post, outside face of posts. The rafters and beams overhang the outside face of the posts by 1ft on all sides. Example: A 10x12 has its outside face of posts at 10x12 and a roof span of 12x14.
Number of posts: A 16x16 size is the largest size with only four posts. Larger spans require a middle post, unless you upgrade to thicker timbers.
Base package includes:
- Durable 100% Western Red Cedar, Appearance Grade, kiln dried and smooth-sanded
- Easy-to-assemble kit, pre-cut, pre-drilled. Saves you time, aggravation, and expense
- Four 2" x 8" headers (two per side) w/ decorative ends
- Headers are notched to accept rafters, enhancing structural stability and visual appeal
- Decorative curved corner braces add stability and prevent racking
- 2" x 6" rafters w/ decorative ends spaced 16" on center
- 2" x 2" top runners spaced 16" on center
- Double 2" x 6" return beams on 2 sides
- Nominal 6" x 6" posts (actual 5" x 5")
- Posts are notched 1 1/8" to accept headers, for strength and aesthetics
- If you choose a post height of 8'-0", the bottom of the 2x8 headers is 7'-5", the bottom of the 2x6 rafters is 7'-11", and structure height is 8'-6"
- Post base trim 9" high and 11" square at its widest
- Powder-coated steel post brackets
- Stainless steel wedge anchors to anchor the posts to your cement
- All hardware is included with the kit
- Shop drawings for you to review and have us edit to your preferences. Use these drawing for permit or HOA approval.
- Step-by-step manual for easy assembly
- Ongoing support on call to guide you through the assembly process
- 10 year warranty
- *A shipping charge of 5-8% applies to kits shipping to AZ, CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA*
Assembly Time: A 12x12 is typically assembled by tradesman with a helper (and handy homeowners) in 4 hours. Less handy folk can assemble it in less than 7 hours.