How measured and quoted:
- We measure and quote this design "post to post, outside face of posts". The rafters and beams overhang the outside face of the posts by 1ft on all sides.
- Example: A 12x14 measures 12x14 to the outside face of the posts and has a roof span of 14x16, with the arched rafters being 14ft long from tip to tip and the beams being 16ft long.
Number of posts: The largest size that has only four posts is a 16x16. Larger sizes require a middle post somewhere along the beam, unless you upgrade to thicker timbers.
Base package includes:
- Easy-to-assemble kit, pre-cut, pre-drilled
- 100% Western Red Cedar, #1 Grade, planed and sanded
- Fully notched structure for stability and design beauty:posts are notched to accept beams, rafters are notched to fit the top plate, and top runners are notched to fit into rafters
- Double 2" x 8" Header on both sides of structure
- Half moon corner braces (two per post) provide stability and prevent racking
- 2" x 6" arched rafters with decorative ends
- 2" x 4" top runners with decorative ends
- 6 x 6 nominal posts (actual 5" x 5")
- 36" high decorative post cover
- This model requires a heavy duty post bracket for each post @ $85 each
- All hardware included in the kit
- A set of shop drawings with all specifications
- Easy to follow assembly manual with pictures and clear text
- Each kit is handcrafted to order
- 10 year warranty
- *A shipping charge of 5-8% applies to kits shipping to AZ, CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA*
Assembly time: two handy individuals can assemble a 12x12 in four hours. Less handy folk can complete assembly in eight hours.
Our most popular pergola options:
Click here to check out our retractable fabric canopy option.